Check out our program structure below! We support a variety of barriers and are committed to ensuring everyone is included in our adventures. Come experience the magic of nature with us!
Our programs are open to individuals as well as community groups (organizations in the community working with a similar population).
We base participant suitability of our programs from a NEED/FIT/DESIRE model. Learn more below to determine if our programs may be a good fit for you.
NEED: Goals & Barriers
→ Has a self-identified barrier(s) that make connecting to nature without support difficult
→ Has needs that are not met in other programs in the community; there is a lack of other opportunities
FIT: Attitude & Eligibility
→ Has a positive attitude towards inclusion
→ Has respect for the natural world
→ Has respect towards rules and boundaries
→ Is age 7 or above
→ Is independent or comes with support
DESIRE: Commitment & Nature Connection
→ Has a level of commitment to program expectations (attendance, on-time, communication etc.)
→ Has a desire to participate in nature-based programs
Interested in joining our programs? Click one of the buttons to send us an email and begin the intake process!
Are you an individual looking to adventure in nature with others?
Click this button!
Are you an existing community organization looking to bring your group on a Power To Be program?
Click this button!
- Day Programs: A one-day program focused on participating in an activity with a mixed group of participants.
- Have A Go Day events: A free, one-day program open to the community to try new activities with Power To Be including hiking, paddlesports, and nature adventures.
- Spring Break & Summer Camps: These 5-day camps are for children and youth adventurers focused on building social skills and connection with nature. Activities include hiking, nature immersion, mindfulness, camp-craft skills, and other outdoor adventures.
- Progressive Programs: Adventure with the same group of participants for 3 – 4 sessions, focusing on one activity or sampling multiple activities. Registration is for all 3-4 sessions as we will be building on knowledge learned in the previous sessions.
- Progressive Overnights: Attend day session(s) preparing you as we build up to an overnight camping experience.
- Wilderness School: An extracurricular program for youth who face a barrier. Students are referred to the program in grade 7. LEARN MORE >
UPCOMING INFORMATION SESSIONS
If you are interested in attending an upcoming info session, please scroll to the top of the page and go through the intake process!
- Wednesday, May 24th, 2023
- Thursday, October 19th, 2023