Dear Valued Community of Power To Be,
Power To Be understands that we all need to work together continue to limit transmission to COVID 19, protect those living with health considerations, and prevent community transmission.
On November 7th the BC Government announced new restrictions for residents within the Fraser Health and Vancouver Coastal Health regions. This includes everyone within the Lower Mainland, from Agassiz to the Sunshine Coast to Whistler. Between November 7th and the 23rd, people in these regions cannot have gatherings within their homes or outside.
In accordance with Dr. Henry’s health orders for the Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health regions, we are suspending all in-person programming throughout Greater Vancouver. We are limiting our sizes for our in person outdoor programs in Victoria and will continue to monitor the safety and well being of our participants and make changes as needed to protect our community.
What to Expect:
- Our virtual programs will continue.
- Our intent is to run a small number of in-person programs in November and December in Victoria, with the aim of running programs in Vancouver after November 23rd and will re-evaluate on an ongoing basis.
- Our in-person programming will continue with people who live in households together and/or who are part of a safe bubble of four to six people.
- We will be doing a screening of health and wellness before and after each program for all that participate, and mask use may be required.
- Safety protocols will be in place to support our staff, volunteers and participants while on program, as per provincial health and safety guidelines.
Please stay tuned for more details. We will be in direct contact with our staff, participants, community partners, and volunteers to check in and stay connected.
With Sincere Gratitude,
Director of Programs & Impact