Updated August 24, 2021.
Power To Be community,
A new order from the provincial health officer (PHO) will require people 12 and older to wear masks in indoor public settings, regardless of vaccination status.
Based on the new regulations and recommendations stated by the PHO, as of Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021, masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 as B.C. prepares for the fall and respiratory illness season.
What to know:
- Our outdoor programs and work parties are still open and running
- Everyone will need to wear a mask indoors
- Masks should be carried for our outdoor programs and work parties and worn if the group cannot maintain safe distance or if the individual(s) prefers the mask to be worn
- Our transportation plan supports participants and staff to be transported and will require a seat empty between participants and for everyone to wear a mask (KN95 or N95 or a similar one that fits your face) and sanitize before and after entering the vehicle. (Power To Be can provide masks)
- At this time, we will not require participants, volunteers, staff, and stakeholders to illustrate your vaccine passport but do require everyone reviews the pre-assessment questions and is able to answer ‘no’ to all the of questions.
- At this time, for travel international or interprovincial we ask that you monitor your health and do not come on program until 72 hours post travel.
*Please note that policy and procedures may change with little notice as PHO and COVID protocols evolve.
The Power To Be Team