While spending more time at home, I have tried a number of new recipes. I love finding new treats that are both fun to make and fun to eat, and what better discovery than gummy bears! They are super simple. All you need is a bit of flavor, some gelatin, and a small bit of sweetener. When you make your own, you get to decide on the flavor, and control how much sugar goes in. After several attempts, I recommend using clear juice or your favorite tea as it seems to gel much better.
To make, you will need:
- 1 Cup of juice (clear works better!)
- 3 Tbl Spoon of gelatin (I used Knox)
- ¼ Tsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ Tsp lemon juice
Then follow these simple steps:
- On the stove top, bring the juice to a boil
- Slowly add in all of the gelatin, sprinkling and stirring at the same time to avoid any clumps
- Remove from heat
- Add in the honey and lemon juice
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes to cool
- Add into silicone mold of your choice! If you don’t have a gummy bear mold, you can also use muffin trays or ice cube so long as they’re silicone so they pop out easy
- Let set in the fridge for 2 hours
Voila! Pop them out of the tray and enjoy! Give them a try!
We also got creative from the yard and tried these dandelion gummy bears – surprisingly tasty.