JOIN US FOR AN ADVENTURE
In recent years, Power To Be has had much to celebrate. In addition to 2018 being the organization’s 20th anniversary, we’re making a home at our Prospect Lake site. The site has allowed Power To Be to expand our reach into the community, maximizing the impactful opportunities we help our participants experience. One of the ways we’re doing this is through our Have A Go Days.
Have A Go Days are drop-in events open to anyone interested in learning more about Power To Be, including our current participants, families, community members, or individuals interested in getting involved with our programs.
The first Have A Go Day of 2019 is happening on Saturday March 16th, beginning with registration at 11 a.m. and ending at 3 p.m. Self-facilitated activities will begin with registration, and continue throughout the day. Facilitated sessions begin at 11:30 am and run for one hour at a time. These sessions begin at 11:30 am, 12:45 pm, and 2:00 pm, with 15 minute breaks in between.
This Have A Go Day, the facilitated sessions will be paddling around Prospect Lake in one of our Big Canoes, and hiking with or without a TrailRider. Self-facilitated activities will include a story walk around the property, nature crafts on the deck, lawn games on the grass, and social space in the clubhouse.
Special thanks to our Community Partners Recreation Integration Victoria for bringing along their TrailRider, and Saanich Parks and Recreation for lending us their portable disc golf course.
See you there!
- When: Saturday, March 16, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Where: Power To Be‘s Prospect Lake Site, 4633 Prospect Lake Rd.
- Please Come Prepared: Bring clothing that can get wet, and is appropriate for being outdoors all day (layers, no cotton)
- Food and beverage: Light snacks will be provided; please bring any extra food you may need throughout the day.
- NO RSVP REQUIRED, just drop in!
- This free even is open to families. We ask that all children and youth be accompanied by an adult support as our Power To Be staff will be busy ensuring everyone is enjoying the different activities.